Driving While Intoxicated Cases are overwhelming our Courts. Other methods of addressing the daunting problem of DWI offenders have been tried and have been unsuccessful. The arrest numbers continue to grow and alcohol related traffic fatalities and serious injuries continue to affect our community on almost a daily basis. Our Program offers hope to our community by addressing the core problem of many repeat offenders by combining long-term empiric treatment with strict monitoring and supervision.
The Felony DWI Interdiction Program
The Mission of the Felony DWI Interdiction Program is to ensure public safety and defendant/offender accountability through empiric treatment. The program is a long-term (3-5 year) treatment, monitoring and accountability program. The program is based on the Therapeutic Judicial Management and the rigorous Commercial Airline Pilot Treatment programs. The goal of the Program is to promote more responsible and productive members of the community, thereby decreasing recidivism and reducing costs to taxpayers.
What does ‘Our Program’ have to offer versus Regular Pre-Trial Services?
With our program
- Utilizes the “team” approach to treatment and supervision by using specially trained team members, including licensed Physicians, Therapists, Case Managers, Recovery Support Specialist, and Attorneys who work with Defense Attorneys, as well as Pre-Trial and Probation Officers.
- Medical and counseling interventions are used to help ensure compliance and positive treatment outcomes.
- Compliance issues with the program are discussed by the team and handled on an individual basis.
- Manageable program fee which covers the costs of Co-Payments, Out of Pocket Charges.
- Incentives available as participant progresses.
- A licensed Attorney acting as a “Judge” meets with the participant during a specialized “docket” that is held every other week and knows the unique circumstances of every participant.
Without our program
- Probation officers without specialized training and caseloads of upwards of 150 Defendants; No Case Manager available.
- Services are generally limited to post adjudication.
- Ancillary needs are not considered or addressed.
- The majority of violations of probation result in a Motion to Revoke and an arrest.
- Defendants normally pay a high fine, all court costs and other charges.
- No recognition or incentives for progress.
- Judge only sees a Defendant if a motion to revoke probation has been filed.
The Felony DWI Interdiction Program offers hope to our community by addressing the core problem of many repeat offenders by combining long-term empiric treatment with strict monitoring and supervision.
Contact us on (866) 507 3268 for more information.
Please call us Toll Free on (866) 507 3268, or leave us your details and we will be in contact with you at our earliest convenience.
140 Heimer Road, Suite 750
San Antonio, TX 78232